TERMS OF REFERENCE
|Committee Title:||Help the Kids Play|
|Chairperson:||As selected by Help the Kids Play Committee|
|Committee Membership Approval:||Chairperson of Help the Kids Play|
|Effective Date:||February 1, 2014|
|Next Review:||February 2015|
Provide funding for registration and/or equipment that will enable youth (under 18) residing in the Tottenham and surrounding area to participate in organized sports or other activities that will enhance their personal growth and well-being.
The HTKP Committee and its supporting partner, the Tottenham Oldtimers Slo-Pitch League, believe that participation in organized sports and other positive personal growth activities are an essential component to the development of the youth of our community.
- Raise or secure sufficient monies to fund all referrals or applicants to the program.
- Assess referrals or applicants for funding while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Allocate monies as fairly and equitably as available funding allows.
- Promote the HTKP Committee and its mandate to organized groups and social service organizations that could potentially refer applicants.
- There will be a Chairperson selected by the Help the Kids Play Committee.
- There will be at least three other members selected by the HTKP Chairperson.
The Chairperson may invite non-members to attend meetings for information sharing purposes.
Frequency of Meetings
The Committee will meet at the call of the Chairperson but at least six (6) occasions annually. A minimum of three (3) members must be in attendance to constitute a quorum.
- The Chairperson will provide a written financial summary indicating current income and expenditures at each meeting.
- Signing authority for cheques and other expenses shall be the Chairperson and one other person.
Assessment of Applications
The Chairperson will review all applicants and submit a proposal for funding to the Committee members. At all times the confidentiality of the applicant (s) will be maintained. The Committee will decide the amount and term of any registration fees and/or equipment.